Friday, February 3, 2012

Recipe of the month: January

So, if you have been following from the beginning, you will remember one of my new years resolution is to try and cook a home cooked meal once a month. I barely made it this month. January 26th (last thursday) I made me some taco soup!


My good friend Holly made this once for me and I instantly loved it, asked her for the recipe, and made it myself! AAAND NOWWW I want to share it with you.

1.5 lbs ground meat
[I used turkey]
simmer the meat with 1 taco season packet
2 cans stewed diced tomato
[I used one can of jalapeno, one regular and let me just tell you one can is pretty spicey]
1 can rotel
2 cans pinto, ranch style, kidney, blackeyed peas
[whatever you prefer, I used one can of pinto & one can of black]
2 cans hominy [drained]
1 more packet of taco season
1 packet of dry ranch
add some water to cover ingredients
[shouldn't need much, I used half a bean can]
throw it in a crock pot for 6 hrs
AND YOUR DONE!


I poured it over some tortilla chips and added a little bit of cheese to it, but thats up to you. Come back the beginning of next month for my next cooking creation. As of right now, Im thinking Pepperoni Monkey Bread, Twice Baked Potatoes, or Vegan Raviolis. What should I do? Im a newb at this cooking thing so I am also open to your suggestions!

2 comments: