Friday, January 6, 2012

My Honey badger

Ok there is this girl, who has two first names. Lauren Ashley. It sounds made up huh? Well it's not. When I first saw Lauren Ashley, I wasnt too sure of her. I couldn't even tell you why other than I was young and judgmental and to this day I am kicking myself for not becoming friends with her sooner. I will never judge a book by its cover EVER again.
I have never connected with a person so instantly and intensely like I did with this girl. After really hanging out with her for the first time getting wasted (see picture above) at an open bar fashion show our school was putting on, I had fallen in love. Pretty much the next year we were joined at the hip. We spent every moment with each other. It was a year of laughing at inappropriate times, weird noises, inside jokes about things we couldnt even begin to explain and a constant sharing of creativity. Oh and A LOT of food was consumed also.
Then she graduated and moved away from me, literally to the other side of the country. I was so happy to see her finally spread her wings and break away from her norm of southern Orange County but I was so sad to see her leave. I felt as if I was losing a piece of myself as lame as that sounds. California hasnt been the same since the day she left.
So now I get to see her about 3 times or less a year, which when I really think about it makes me tear up a little bit. I have originally always hated New York city but every time I visit her and her lovely little boyfriend Hart, I fall a little bit more in love with that disgusting city. I have even had the crazy thoughts of maybe even moving out there. CRAZY TALK RIIIGHT?
I am writing this because I tried my hardest to make it out there to surprise her on her birthday weekend but it just didnt work out and I couldnt be more upset about it. I love and miss you like crazy, honey b. Hurry home.

1 comment: